Literacy Volunteers at Family Centers is looking for volunteers to teach adults to read, write and speak the English language. Workshops teach a variety of techniques with emphasis on determining how the student learns best. Training includes practice and demonstration, lesson planning, and goal setting. Interested volunteers must be able to attend all sessions and previous teaching experience is not necessary. Please contact us for more information and join our dedicated group of dynamic tutors and make a difference in your community!
The next Literacy Volunteers Tutor Training is scheduled for September 20, 22, 27, and 29 from 6-9 p.m. at Family Centers' 60 Palmers Hill Road office in Stamford, interested volunteers must be able to attend all sessions.
- Adult Education
- Financial Literacy
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Reading / Writing
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- FamilyFIRST Tutors
- Preschool Group Activity...
- Program Receptionist/Office...
- Literacy Volunteers
- Food Delivery Volunteers
- Recreational Activity Volunteer...
- Den Facilitators / Den for...
- Telephone Group Facilitators...
- Nurturing Families Network...
- Job Readiness Day Host (RITE...
- Friendly Visitors (Friendly...