Student Outreach Volunteer
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
8 people are interested
Stamford Dollars for Scholars is an all-volunteer nonprofit community organization whose mission is to provide scholarships to support local students in their pursuit of higher education. The Student Outreach Volunteer is an advocate for Stamford Dollars for Scholars, working as a team with the Student Outreach Coordinators to communicate with high school guidance counselors, provide scholarship application workshops to high school seniors, and to represent Stamford Dollars for Scholars at local events and college fairs.
This position is a non-paid volunteer work. We do not have an office so as-needed coordination by phone or in-person meetings will be necessary. The Student Outreach Volunteer is expected to work independently and schedule time to meet the objectives provided by the Coordinator. A minimum commitment of 4 hours per week between September and April is required. You may be requested to meet with students during a typical workday.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Experience working with high school students or familiarity with scholarship or college application process.
- Demonstrated ability to work with computers.
- Self-directed, able to work autonomously, while understanding that collaboration is also required
- Must be able to schedule workshops during school hours.
- Must be available one to two evenings total to attend local college fairs.
- College or graduate students, entrepreneurs, retirees welcome.
We'll work with your schedule.
PO Box 3559Stamford, CT 06905
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Youth Services
- General Education
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- A minimum of 4 hours/week and 2 nights total
- Must demonstrate proficiency with computerized applications.