Stamford Dollars for Scholars is an all-volunteer nonprofit community organization whose mission is to provide scholarships to support local students in their pursuit of higher education. Since its inception in 2012, Stamford Dollars for Scholars awarded 107 scholarships to high school graduates, valued at $357,000. The Social Media and Communications Specialist is an advocate for Stamford Dollars for Scholars, working with the Vice President of Student Affairs to create and curate visual and written content, update and monitor social media accounts on a regular basis, and to create reports for the Board of Directors. This position requires as-needed coordination by phone or in-person meetings; regularly, the Social Media and Communications Specialist is expected to work remotely and independently. A minimum commitment of 6 hours per week is required.
- Experience managing a brand’s online presence as a community and/or social media manager or educational equivalent.
- Exceptional communication, writing and editing skills.
- Solid judgment as a brand’s primary social media ambassador; ability to exert discretion, professionalism, and maintain brand voice and values in all public forums at all times.
- Self-directed and the ability to work autonomously, while understanding that collaboration will be essential.
- An ability to think creatively about how to best represent the organization and its cause.
- Experience or education in digital marking or graphic design is preferred.
- College or graduate students pursuing a degree in digital media, digital marketing or communications welcome.
- Marketing Analytics
- Social Media / Blogging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- A minimum of 6 hours per week is required.