Youth Mentor Instructor- Levels 1-3
Use your personal and professional capabilities to teach an educational curriculum in a fun, social sisterhood environment. You will plan and share activities, build skills and gain experience in your area of expertise. As an Jewels Mentor Instructor, you can explore alternative ways of teaching marked by enthusiasm, interaction and creativity for both you and the young girls.
* Level groups range between 10-12 students and Instructors oversee groups
* Develop age appropriate activities that keep children active and help them develop skills, teamwork and sportsmanship
* Use group management skills to engage all children in daily activities
* Enhance/revise the tailored lesson plans for the program level and submit for review 90 days before next program year begins.
* Administer pre and post assessments per member to monitor/track member’s progress and needs to provide individual support.
* Track member’s individual progress per meeting.
* Assist in program’s pre- planning and organization
* Communicate with parents, community partners, and other outside liaisons prior to and throughout the program year.
* Monitor the health and safety of all members while in your care.
Training session will be held in first week of December and selected volunteers will be contacted with specific details.
Program begins in January 2017.
- Child Development
- People Skills
- Reading Comprehension
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Youth Services
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 25
- 2 Saturdays/month from 11:00-3:00 pm
- be able to occassional attend local field trip outings on Saturdays