Serve as a resource for our adult students who use our drop-in Computer Learning Center on Thursday mornings! We are looking for someone who can volunteer for at least 2 hours per week on Thursdays between 9am and 12pm.
Our Computer Learning Center (CLC) Volunteers assist adult English language learners with basic computer skills and utilizing a computer program (Rosetta Stone) to facilitate learning English. CLC Volunteers register learners into our system, help them feel comfortable using Rosetta Stone, and answer questions. CLC Volunteers are also available for one-on-one tutoring appointments to help learners with resume building, online job applications, basic computer skills, using internet video, setting up an email account, etc.
As a CLC Volunteer, you must be punctual, friendly, and patient. You must be comfortable being interrupted and communicating with individuals who speak limited English. You should also be able to entertain yourself (such as reading a book) during slow times or when our students are able to use the CLC independently.
Training will be provided at an individual or small group orientation.
For 20 years, Aquinas Literacy Center has been empowering adults by providing English as a Second Language instruction through individualized tutoring. We do so in an environment that respects and reverences individuals. We enable learners to transform their lives by acquiring skills to become successful parents, productive workers and responsible citizens. ALC is sponsored by the Adrian Dominican Sisters.
For more information, email Kristen at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 773-927-0512.
- Basic Computer Skills
- Adult Education
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Microsoft Office Suite
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2-3 hours per week, Thursdays between 9am & 12pm
- 3+ month commitment strongly preferred
- Volunteer on Thursday Mornings...
- Volunteer on Monday Afternoons...
- Be a Wednesday Evening Greeter!
- Be a Tuesday Evening Greeter!
- Volunteer on Thursday Afternoons...
- Be a Thursday Morning Greeter!
- Be a Monday Evening Greeter!
- Volunteer on Monday Mornings in...
- Computer Learning Center Volunteer
- Be a Thursday Afternoon Greeter!
- Be a Monday Morning Greeter!
- English (ESL) Literacy Tutor
- Be a Wednesday Afternoon Greeter!
- Volunteer on Wednesday...
- Be a Tuesday Afternoon Greeter!
- Volunteer on Tuesday Afternoons...
- Be a Monday Afternoon Greeter!