Function:Organize our school library so that it is usable for our staff and students.
Responsible To: Community Outreach and Volunteer Coordinator Duties and
1. Attend WSS Volunteer orientation/any additional training if available
2. Understand, respect, and follow WSS Volunteer Handbook on restrictions of volunteer to student relationship
3. Create organizational method for WSS library book categories and maintain this organization as books are checked-out and returned
4. Review each book to ensure it is in good condition and appropriate
5. Organize books within each section by author’s last name
6. Record each WSS library book in system on iPad
7. Train older WSS students on organization so they may work as "Library Maintainers"
8. If Interested: Spend time reading books from the library to WSS classrooms
1. Knowledge of basic English language reading and writing
3. Available time
4. Great organizational skills!
5. Preferred experience in library work
Time Required: 1. Attend WSS volunteer orientation and any addition trainings if available 2. Minimum of 2 hours per week. Preferred commitment of 10 hours per week.
- Literacy / Reading
- Library Sciences
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- at least 2 hours per week