Responsible To:Community Outreach & Volunteer Coordinator and Operation Manager
Role and Responsibilities:
1. Assist students while bus is in operation.
2. Assist parents and school personnel with safe loading and unloading of students.
3. Coordinate and enforce seating of students.
4. Communicate with classroom aides, teachers, principal, and parents concerning student needs and behavior as appropriate.
5. Work with the Director of Operations, teachers, and other school personnel to put individual student plans in place, as well as bus wide plans in place, that promote school bus safety and student success.
6. For students with special needs: assist children on and off the bus; escort children across street upon return home; lift children as required; assure responsible adult meets students leaving the bus.
7. Attend in-service meetings and training courses as assigned
1. High academic and personal expectations for students, colleagues, and themselves.
2. Maintain prompt, open and honest communication with all students, parents, and fellow staff members.
3. Show respect and sensitivity for cultural differences and treat all people with respect.
4. Maintain proper records and documentation.
5. Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
6. Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
7. High school diploma or GED.
1. The morning hours are 7:15-8:45am (M-F) and the afternoon hours are 4:15-6:00pm (M-F).
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Mornings and/or Evenings