Use Your Leadership Skills to Support Local Students as a Homework Club Leader!
Homework Clubs provide after-school assistance for K-8 children free of charge. We are looking for experienced, dedicated community members to help coordinate this club at Hillview Library for the upcoming 2017-2018 school year.
Homework Club Leaders will occupy a key leadership position and help to recruit, train, and schedule other Homework Club volunteers, many of whom are teens. They will also assist with promoting the Homework Club to the public and to maintain records for reporting purposes. We will provide training on recruitment, promotion and record keeping.
This is a perfect opportunity for anyone interested in leadership and supporting education.
There is a 6 month commitment of 4 hours a week. Volunteers need to commit to volunteering twice a week, Monday - Friday, from 4:30 - 6:00 pm.
This an excellent opportunity to provide an important service in making a difference in children's learning and their success in school. Having bilingual skills (English & Spanish or English & Vietnamese) are highly desired.
- Reading / Writing
- Program Management
- General Education
- Teaching / Instruction
- Group Facilitation
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- 6 months; 4 hours a week.
- Fingerprinting/Background check for volunteers 18 and older
- Resume and Job Search Coach
- Bilingual Reader to Children -...
- Chess Club Volunteer
- Youth Programs Volunteer -...
- Tech Mentor/Computer Genius at...
- Help fight hunger in your...
- Homework Club Volunteer
- Summer Volunteer Opportunities...
- Like books and quiet? Be a...
- Library Services Volunteer
- Help adults practice their...
- Homework Club Leader
- Help Prevent Summer Reading Loss...