The Exploratory is a science education and gender equity NGO registered in Ghana, with a volunteer team in the Boston area. If you have excellent research and writing skills, help us identify foundation and corporate sponsors and developing proposals to advance our mission.
How you can help
We need organized, detail-oriented, analytical researchers and excellent writers to search and compile information on potential funders, generate inquiry letters and proposals; and to conduct research on the issues we’re addressing and the landscape of similar organizations.
1) Grants research
- Using online databases, library resources and other strategies, identify funders, foundation and corporate, who support international development, girls and/or STEM education
- Work with Director to develop a funding matrix based on funder criteria and our mission
- Create a database of potential funders, including contact, calendar, etc
2) Grant writing
- Identify and update background research to make the case for need and our approach
- Initiate communication and/or generate letters of inquiry to funders
- Strategize with Director on proposal ideas
- Write and edit proposals
Resources: Grants database subscription as needed.
Familiarity with international development issues around gender equity and (STEM) education a plus. Familiarity with grants databases, Excel or Salesforce a plus.
Interested? Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org to tell us why and how you’d like to contribute to our grants and sponsorships activities. If you’re applying for an unpaid internship, include the internship expectations and a resume in pdf format. We look forward to hearing from you.
- Resource Development / Management
- Grant Writing / Research
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- At least 10 hrs/week for 4 months, preferably 8 mo