The Exploratory is a science education and gender equity NGO registered in Ghana, with a volunteer team in the Boston area. We need your exceptional organizational skills to ensure we are accurate, efficient and accountable.
How you can help
Are you ramiliar with MS office suite or equivalent; Google Apps; have experience with and knowledge of basic accounting and databases? Highly organized? We’re looking for detail-obsessed, self-motivated, experienced individuals to support our team in the U.S. and serve as a resource for our administrator in Ghana.
1) Update stakeholder records and maintain data integrity
- Generate records for organizational contacts in the U.S. and in Ghana, including suppliers and donors
- Work with fundraising and grants research teams to coordinate data entry
- Review student and teacher records generated by Ghana-based administrator for accuracy
- Conduct weekly upload of spreadsheet records into Salesforce as necessary
2) Basic bookkeeping
- Along with Director and administrator, review expense records
- Document expense and income data
- Generate reports, commensurate with experience
3) Digital filekeeping
- Work with administrator to ensure documentation is consistent
- Periodically review GoogleDrive for duplicated files and to transfer files to archive
Resources: GoogleApps for Education.
Interested? Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org to tell us why and how you’d like to contribute to our operations. Please also include a resume in pdf format. We look forward to hearing from you.
- Data Entry
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- At least 5 hrs/week for 4 months, preferably more
- Familiarity with accounting software and Salesforce a plus.