The Exploratory is a science education and gender equity NGO registered in Ghana, with a volunteer team in the Boston area. We need your help to gather the resources to further our mission and to plan cool events!
How you can help
We’re looking for organized, energetic and creative folks to get people in the U.S. excited about our work and to support us by volunteering, and by giving financially. Creative ideas welcome. You’ll help plan, conduct outreach, publicize, oversee logistics, and follow up with participants, and be assigned to one project below, and assist with others as you are available.
- House parties - jewelry making with our beads from Ghana, or "exploratory club for adults". First one scheduled for November 1 st.
- Monthly meetups / hangouts - for current and potential volunteers to learn, report, brainstorm and socialize.
- Roadshow - connect with schools, especially private schools, interested in a presentation and demo of our activities in Ghana, and discussion of issues around girls and education.
- Plan a fashion show for Accra, Ghana alongside our corporate liaison.
2) Online fundraising campaigns
- Online auction - solicit product and ticket donations. Technology drive - organize donations of smartphones, tablets and laptops to support teachers and students in Ghana
- End-of-year, Teacher Appreciation and other project-related campaigns
Resources: Beads! Meeting venue. List of potential sponsors for online auctions. Relationship with tech and other companies. Online platform for fundraising campaigns.
Interested? Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org to tell us why and how you’d like to contribute to our fundraising and friendraising activities. If you’re applying for an unpaid internship, include the internship expectations and a resume in pdf format. We look forward to hearing from you.
- Relationship Building
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hrs weekly. (8 hrs/week for 4 months for interns
- Availability during some evenings. For events – ability to lift 30 lbs