The Exploratory is a science education and gender equity NGO registered in Ghana, with a volunteer team in the Boston area. We need your help to get the word out about our mission and the cool work we have been doing!
How you can help
We need effective visual and written communicators to help us generate content, grow and nurture constituents/followers, and publicize our mission! Depending on your experience and desire to learn, we can craft a position to suit your needs and ours. You’ll be working closely with one of our newer team members in Ghana as well as the team here.
- Coordinate and post to appropriate channels based on communications calendar
- Compile images/quotes using existing evaluation data for weekly posting
- Generate infographics using existing evaluation data for blogs
- Increase engagement by identifying relevant groups/individuals/ events
- Conceptualize and lead campaigns, such as quarterly Twitter chats
- Research important dates and events related to international and local women/girls rights, science/engineering (e.g. World Malaria Day) for this year and future communications targets
- Create quarterly online newsletters
- Generate press releases and build relationships with Boston-area and Ghana press for coverage
- Analyze traffic and constituent profiles
- Review communications and social media strategy
Resources: A Facebook page, Twitter & Instagram accounts (@girlsciexplore) and a blog on our website. Canva, Piktochart subscriptions. Tons of photos. Qualitative and quantitative evaluation data. Teacher profiles. Quotes from girls.
Interested? Send a message to email@example.com to tell us why and how you’d like to contribute to our social media and communications goals. If you’re applying for an unpaid internship, include the internship expectations and a resume in pdf format. We look forward to hearing from you!
- Social Media / Blogging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Graphic Design / Print
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- At least 5 hours per week for 4 months
- Access to internet and computer/ smartphone