ATTENTION, Calling all Veterans!
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
5 people are interested
We owe all veterans respect and thanks for defending our freedoms. Now in their time of need, we have a chance to honor them.
We are looking for a few good men and women who have served or are currently in the military. We have an opportunity for you to perform an honorary pinning ceremony for fellow veterans under our hospice care. Anyone can thank a veteran, but it can mean a great deal more coming from a fellow service member. Please help us recognize those who have allowed us the freedom that we enjoy today. Many of our patients have served in Vietnam, Korea, or WW2 and would like to share their stories with other service members. Some patients would like to continue sharing their stories during additional Vet-to-Vet visits as well.
- Bring their military training, knowledge, and history to their hospice work
- Offer unique opportunities to support life review and healing
- Are able to share a common language
- Share codes of conduct and honor
- Can dissolve barriers of stoicism and secrecy (especially combat veterans)
Volunteer opportunities are located throughout Orange County, with a one-time training session required at our Irvine Office.
We will work with your schedule.
- fill out all necessary paperwork for your file
- attend a 4 hour training orientation
- authorize a background check
- receive a TB test (unless you have had one in the past 6 months)
About Salus Hospice
Opportunities Throughout Orange County & San Diego, Main Office at 630 Roosevelt, Irvine, CA 92620, US
"Our Mission is to foster happiness in those we care for, in our communities, and in ourselves"
Salus Hospice is a group of experienced and compassionate professionals committed to ensuring patients and families are supported and cared for, for every step of the way!
Our patients are located in their own homes throughout Orange County, Riverside and San Diego. We have volunteer opportunities close to you!
We'll work with your schedule.
In our patient's homes throughout Orange County.Salus Hospice Office located inIrvine, CA 92620
- People Skills
- Veteran Care
- Hospice Care
- Elder care
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 visits per month
- To have served in the U.S. Military