Purpose: The purpose of our ESL program at the Mission of Saint Joan of Arc is to provide members from our community the opportunity to learn English. We want to empower our students to feel confident reading, writing, and speaking with others in English in order to broaden their opportunities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Be punctual to your scheduled class; if possible arrive a few minutes early to ensure you are ready to teach.
- Take attendance or assign someone to do so for each class session.
- Maintain a positive atmosphere in class for students to learn.
- Prepare lesson plans and materials to fit the needs of your students. You will be provided with a textbook.
- If you know you will not be able to make it to a class in advance let your students know directly.
- Adult Education
- Teaching / Instruction
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- We ask that you commit to your scheduled class.