Sunday October 9. 2016
Various Time Slots
Eleanor's Walk for HOPE volunteers
Eleanor’s Walk for Hope will join together thousands of people in a celebration of the communities that make us one. By uniting on this day, it represents taking a strong stand against racial division, and a renewed commitment to bridge the gap between all people, regardless of their color. Walk with us Sunday October 9th as we continue to fight for a world of respect, justice and opportunity for all people.
There will be live entertainment, food and family friendly activities to be enjoyed by all!
To volunteer for the walk, we have several ways for you to get involved:
- Marshalls for the 5K run: Standing along the route guiding the runners to through the route.
- Marshalls for the 4mile walk: Walk along side of the walkers to make sure they are staying on course and together.
- Floaters: Throughout the event handing out literature, assisting/communicating between booths.
- Clean up crew: Cleaning up during/after the event. Encouraging participants to do the same.
- Security: Having a presence to keep the event fun and safe. Report any incidents to Focus: HOPE security and staff.
- Parking: Direct traffic toward designated parking areas.
- Set-up: Aid with set up of the event (hang banners, stage tables and chairs, other prep work the day of the event)
- Water stops: Host the water stop passing out water, encouraging walkers/runner.
- Stage Monitors: Monitor stage activity, assist with program running smoothly
- Entertainment: Work with entertainment to make sure things are going smoothly and they have things they need.
- Children's Booth: Monitor children's activities and play area.
- Information Booth: Sign in volunteers and provide information about the event.
Greeter: Welcome participants to the event and hand out certificate to walkers and runner once they have finished the route.
Please dress comfortable. Parking may be congested, so please arrive early.
Event Meeting Location:
Focus: HOPE's campus- Volunteer/Information Booth
1400 Oakman Blvd. Detroit, MI 48238
View Location Map
Please follow these instructions to register online for this event:
1. Visit the Focus: HOPE event registration page: http://cerv.is/m?0168gdbYiKC
2. Click on the "Register" button at the bottom of the page.
3. Follow the on screen instructions to access the CERVIS registration system. If this is your first time using the CERVIS online registration system, you will be prompted to create a Volunteer Profile.
4. Once you have successfully signed into the system (or created a profile, if needed) you will automatically be registered for this event and receive a confirmation E-mail.
5. If you would like to register additional individuals for this event, please select their name from the list and enter the code below into the "Event Registration Code" field. Next, click the "Register for selected event" button to complete the additional registration.
Event Registration Code: dbYiKC
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 14
- Time slots vary, see registration link for details
- Help Focus: HOPE Students Find...
- Security volunteers for...
- HR Specialist Intern
- Floaters- volunteers for...
- Stage Crew for Eleanor's Walk...
- Driver's Responsibility Fees-...
- Student Services- Clerical...
- Set-Up Crew for Eleanor's Walk...
- Clean up Crew for Eleanor's Walk...
- HR-Generalist Assistant
- Water Stop Attendant for...
- Marshals (walker leaders) -- for...
- Celebrating Social...
- Entertainment crew for Eleanor's...
- Publicity/Photography/ Social...
- Secure the Children's Activity...
- Entertainment Support (Be a Band...
- Volunteer Office Assistant for...
- Parking & Barricade volunteers...