Lakeshore Habitat for Humanity is a Christian housing ministry working to provide qualified families along the lakeshore with safe, decent, and affordable housing. This position acts as an assistant to the volunteer manager and will focus on managing aspects of our social media platforms on Twitter and Instagram. The successful candidate will learn social media strategy and how to apply it to a specific social media campaigns.
- Assist in the development and management of our #GivingTuesday campaign
- Assist in creating a social media strategy for Instagram
- Explore social media opportunities for appropriateness and application.
- Ability to promptly deliver on deadlines and meet with the Volunteer Manager once a week.
1. Knowledge of Twitter and Instagram platforms
2. Ability to work accurately and effectively on a computer as well as mobile devices.
3. Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and oral.
4. Graphic design experience a plus
5. Creativity a must!
Those that have obtained or are pursuing a Bachelor's degree in marketing, advertising, communications, or a related field will be considered.
Hours and days are flexible. We are looking for a volunteer to work approximately 8 hours/week.
One day a week must be available to meet with the Volunteer Manager. The rest of the hours can be done remotely.
To Volunteer: E-mail your resume and one writing sample to email@example.com
Position Available September through December of 2016 - start and end specific dates are flexible
- Social Media / Blogging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 8 hours a week