If you have a green thumb and want to share your knowledge we’re always looking for new garden mentors and guest speakers for our UGrow program. UGrow mentors provide guidance and support to participants throughout the growing season at various commitment levels and have the opportunity to teach 30-minute classes on garden related topics at our weekly produce markets.
UGrow is a partnership between Bounty & Soul and Eat Smart Black Mountain. This program seeks to empower participants to grow their own food and promote a healthy lifestyle. Each fall and spring, participants receive dirt, containers and organic starts. They also learn helpful tips once a month to ensure their gardens flourish throughout the growing season!
- Teaching / Instruction
- Environmental Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- UGrow Garden Mentors and Guest...
- Yoga Instructor for Tuesday...
- Bi-Weekly Produce Shuttling...
- Children & Friends Produce...
- Guest Health & Wellness Speaker
- St. James Produce Market Volunteer
- Blue Ridge Apartments Produce...
- Farm and Garden Gleaning Volunteer
- Caretaker for Latinx Engagement...
- Swannanoa Produce Market Volunteer
- Thursday Produce Sorting Volunteer
- Spanish Speaking Yoga Instructor
- Spanish Speaking Volunteer for...
- Flat Creek Produce Market...
- Cooking Demo Volunteer
- Weekly Enrichment Activities for...
- Benevolent Committee Volunteer
- Friday Produce Sorting Volunteer