35 people are interested
The Fairfield University Art Museum is seeking diligent and outgoing people to monitor the galleries.
- Ensure the safety of the artwork from theft and damage.
- Ensure the safety of all visitors and that the visitors of the museum follow the rules of the gallery.
- Monitor visitor activity to ensure adherence to museum policies and procedures.
- Respond to visitor/ staff requests and questions in a respectful, courteous and professional manner.
- In addition, we ask that our attendants have some knowledge about the works on display.
We are interested in our volunteers to start in April and work till June 2020.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Fairfield University Art Museum
1073 N BENSON RD, FAIRFIELD, CT 06824, US
The Fairfield University Art Museum is an essential component of Fairfield University that cultivates, inspires, and enriches its many audiences while stewarding the artistic and cultural objects entrusted to its care.
The Fairfield University Art Museum, formerly the Bellarmine Museum of Art, is located on the lower level of Bellarmine Hall on the Fairfield University campus and is home to a permanent collection of Renaissance and Baroque paintings as well as a collection of historic plaster casts of Ancient Greek and Roman sculpture. The museum also showcases a number of non-Western art objects ranging from pre-Columbian vessels, Chinese funerary sculpture from the Han and Tang Dynasties, 19th-century Southeast Asian sculptures to 20th-century African masks. The BMA is also fortunate enough to hold twenty objects from the Celtic, late Antique, Medieval and Renaissance periods on loan from The Metropolitan Museum of Art/The Cloisters. In addition, we mount several temporary special exhibitions a year.
The Bellarmine Hall Galleries and Walsh Gallery are open during the academic year from Tuesday - Saturday from 11 am - 4 pm.
We'll work with your schedule.
Fairfield University Art Museum1073 North Benson RoadFairfield, CT 06824
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Visual Arts
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible hours according to your schedule