The mission of The Safe Haven Network is to facilitate temporary emergency boarding for the pets of domestic violence survivors, to raise awareness for the link between domestic violence and animal abuse, and to promote and support allied organizations to develop a coordinated response to link issues.
The Safe Haven Network Referral Program connects domestic violence and animal welfare professionals in order to facilitate temporary emergency boarding options for the pets of domestic violence survivors. Domestic violence advocates, working with survivors, complete a referral application in The Safe Haven Network’s secure online portal. When the application is submitted, a message is sent to all safe haven providers registered as users on the portal, indicating that there is a new application to review. When one of the safe haven providers accepts the application, a message is sent to the requesting advocate prompting them to contact the safe haven provider and coordinate the pet’s admission to the safe haven provider’s program.
The Safe Haven Network currently partners with five animal shelters operating independent temporary emergency boarding programs. We plan to recruit more animal shelters and private boarding facilities to increase our network of available safe haven providers, and eventually we plan to develop a dedicated network of individual private foster homes. The Referral Program Director will be responsible for this expansion, and will be intimately involved in developing the Safe Haven Network’s foster program.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Referral Program Director will be responsible for the operational success of The Safe Haven Network’s Referral Program, ensuring seamless team management and development, program delivery, and quality control and evaluation. The Referral Program Director will work closely with the Executive Director to design a strategy for recruiting users to the Referral Program (the portal) and expanding our network. The Referral Program Director will be in charge of implementing the strategy and will be a key external face of The Safe Haven Network in the community.
The time commitment for this position will vary, but can be estimated at 5-10 hours per week, on average. The Safe Haven Network does not have a physical office, so much of the work will be done remotely. However, the position may require on-site visits to partner agencies and other in-person meetings.
We are looking for a dedicated, self-driven professional who will take ownership of the Referral Program and be dedicated to its ongoing success. The ideal candidate will work well both cooperatively and individually, and most importantly, will make The Safe Haven Network a priority.
NOTE: This is a volunteer, unpaid position.
- Cultivate new and existing partnerships with the goal of program expansion
- Expand use of The Safe Haven Network’s Referral Program locally, regionally, and ultimately nationally
Team Management and Development:
- Work with IT Director to maintain and improve portal technology
- Recruit and supervise volunteers to assist in completion of duties
Program Operational Management:
- Provide trainings on portal usage to prospective users at domestic violence agencies and safe haven providers (animal shelters, boarding facilities, etc.)
- Research and identify prospective partnerships to support The Safe Haven Network’s Referral Program and portal
- Solicit feedback on portal usage and communicate to IT Director and Executive Director
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree
- At least 1 year of experience in a team management role
- Demonstrated success developing and evaluating program models, and selecting and successfully operationalizing innovative programs
- Proficient in using technology as a management reporting tool and experience working with information technology staff to develop and implement program systems
- Ability to manage multifaceted projects with an eye toward measurable results and growth
- Experience having worked with a high-performance, collaborative, constructive peer group
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with exceptional attention to details
- Live in Chicago, Illinois or the surrounding suburbs
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to and passion for The Safe Haven Network’s mission
Please email a resume to Jessica Katz at email@example.com with the subject line, "Referral Program Director Application."
- Program Management
- Strategic Planning
- Relationship Building
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 5-10 hours per week