Do you love cooking? Would you like to share your skills with families and individuals? We are always seeking passionate volunteers to head up cooking demonstrations at weekly markets. This is a fun an interactive opportunity with morning and afternoon availability. Produce and sampling materials are provided.
If you enjoy cooking and are looking for a smaller market to plug in at we've got an opportunity for you! Shifts at Blue Ridge Apts. take place Monday afternoons from 3:30-4:45pm and volunteers prep recipes in advance utilizing Bounty & Soul recipes and ingredients. It's a small but sweet crowd, serving about 20 seniors that live at the apartments and they really look forward to learning healthy recipes for the produce they receive and interacting with our volunteers each week. Shifts can be weekly, bi-weekly or monthly depending on your interest and availability.
We are also seeking volunteers to assist Tuesday afternoons at Children & Friends Enrichment Center from 2:30-5pm. This market specifically serves families that have little ones at the daycare. The shift involves staging and sorting produce and welcoming families by providing healthy, easy-to-prepare snacks. If you enjoy kids and cooking this is the site for you! Shifts can be weekly, bi-weekly or monthly depending on your interest and availability.
- Cooking / Catering
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Kid's Activities for Thursday...
- Bi-Weekly Produce Shuttling...
- Children & Friends Produce...
- Guest Health & Wellness Speaker
- St. James Produce Market Volunteer
- Blue Ridge Apartments Produce...
- Farm and Garden Gleaning Volunteer
- Child Care During Weekly ESL...
- Owen Middle School Produce...
- Thursday Produce Sorting Volunteer
- Spanish-Speaking Volunteers
- Black Mountain Elementary...
- Cooking Demo Volunteer
- Benevolent Committee Volunteer
- Friday Produce Sorting Volunteer