Become A Youth & Family Volunteer Leader!
*Please note this is an additional training that does not substitute a Boston Cares Volunteer Leader Training*
Are you interested in engaging the next generation of volunteers in service? Boston Cares is seeking passionate individuals to lead youth-specific programs that offer volunteers ages 5-17 the opportunity to serve, learn, and lead. Youth & Family Volunteer Leaders will be critical in helping Boston Cares maintain and expand on existing opportunities for youth through both our calendar as well as our unique program offerings. If you’re passionate about the transformative power of service and engaging with youth in meaningful ways, then this is the role for you!
Sign-up and fill out our application to become one of our FIRST Youth & Family Volunteer Leaders! Prior involvement with Boston Cares is not required; experience working with youth is strongly preferred.
Follow these steps to get started today!
- Sign up & attend our training on Thursday, September 22nd at 6pm in our downtown office. Sign up by creating a Boston Cares account at bostoncares.org and finding through program through our calendar.
- Fill out our application here!
- If you have not previously attended a general Boston Cares Volunteer Leader training, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facilitate monthly goCreate craft projects in the Boston Cares office
- Guide seasonal weeks of service-learning with our Learn & Serve programs
- Assist with facilitating our Teen & Junior Teen Advisory Councils throughout the Academic year
- Lead groups of youth and families at one of our many calendar projects, including: the Greater Boston Food Bank, the Gifford Cat Shelter, Room to Grow, and many more!
- Collaborate with the Youth & Family Coordinator to design and implement youth projects
Sign-up and apply BEFORE September 22nd!
For more information, please contact the Youth & Family Coordinator, Katie Edelman, at email@example.com or 617,422.0910 x208
- Child Development
- Program Management
- People Skills
- Youth Services
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Must attend the Youth & Family Volunteer Leader Training.