Fox Valley Food For Health’s mission is to build a network of adult and teen volunteers committed to supporting people and families in need who are dealing with a serious illness by providing nutrient rich meals, nutrition education and personal caring support. COOKING, CARING, COMPASSION, COMMUNITY
Fox Valley Food for Health teaches teens to grow organic produce and prepare healthy, beautiful meals that are delivered to patients dealing with serious illness (predominantly cancer), and their families. The program is unique in that four separate groups are brought together to create a healthier more connected community:
(1) Patients and their families receive healthy nutritious meals during treatment
(2) Caregivers have more time to focus on the emotional and practical needs of their family
(3) Teens receive focused training in cooking and gardening from Chefs and Kitchen mentors.
(4) Adult volunteers gain a wonderful sense of fulfillment giving back to the community and fighting back against a disease that has affected so many.
At Fox Valley Food for Health we know every bite needs to count! That’s why we prepare and deliver nutritious meals that enhance and support healing and better recovery outcomes.
Through the support of our caring community based program, clients and their family will benefit from participation in the FVFFH nutrient rich, plant based 12 week meal program without charge.
Do you love to cook, have an interest in our program and learning more on making healthy food choices by experiencing the plant based diet?
We have opportunities on Monday and/or Tuesday of every week. Beginning from prep work, assisting in making our organic mineral broth, prep, set up for Teen Chefs, mentoring the teens, sanitation of cookware and containers, inventory, and procurement of food items. Shifts range from 2-4 hours. Flexible.Consider being part of our FVFFH team. COntact Susan Ellward Volunteer Coordinator
- People Skills
- Food Service
- Environmental Education
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 2-4 hours per week Monday or Tuesdays
- ServSafe Food Handlers online Course