Communications Interns work closely with South Bronx United’s Executive Director in planning and managing nonprofit communication through community newsletters, social media accounts, blogs, and press releases.
September-December. Exact hours are flexible and will fluctuate according to key periods.
SBU Office, 594 Grand Concourse, Bronx, NY 10451. Work can often be done remotely if needed.
Along with possessing a passion for supporting non profit work and serving urban youth, an intern should have strong communication, writing skills and familiarity with social media. Preference is given to interns who have photography or video experience, familiarity with Photoshop or illustrator.
8-20 hours a week, one semester. The workload of the position is expected to fluctuate around key periods, but is often flexible for a candidate to choose their hours.
All interns will be trained, supervised by the Executive Director.
While the position is unpaid, interns have the opportunity to see the inner workings of a small but growing non profit and the process of planning and managing a major fundraising event.
Responsibilities in Detail:
-Creating a Community Newsletter
-Managing Social media posts
-Documenting programs and events through photography and video
-Maintaining press contacts
-Sending and writing press releases
-Writing and collaborating with students and staff on blogs
-Creating Event flyers and other graphics
- Social Media / Blogging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 8-20 hours per week
- Non Profit Development Intern
- Travel Soccer Coach and Mentor
- SAT Prep Tutor
- Coed U6 Recreational soccer coach
- College Prep Tutor
- College Prep Mentor 2016-2017
- Education Internship - Fall 2016
- Communications Internship - Fall...
- Regents Prep Tutor
- Special Events Internship - Fall...
- ESL Tutor 2016-2017
- PSAT/SAT Prep - Verbal & Writing...
- College Advisory Internship -...
- After School Soccer Coach...
- Girls' Soccer Coach & Mentor
- Immigrant Youth Coach & Mentor
- PSAT/SAT Prep - Math Tutor
- Academic Coach (After School...