Nonproft Paralysis Recovery Center Volunteer for Gym
54 people are interested
- Review and understand recovery programs for clients.
- Teach proper exercise technique to lead trainer for practice and assist in spotting when necessary.
- Assist in general maintenance and cleaning of the facility and its equipment.
- Anticipate potential risks of injury, take measures to remove them, and, in the event of an injury, have the ability to implement emergency medical procedures.
- Effectively and properly motivate clients to achieve maximum potential in all areas of performance.
- Work and communicate with all specialists in the recovery department.
- Keep updated on current SCI research and report any findings to all other specialists.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the floor manager.
- Wear proper uniform when working in the facility
- Make sure all weights/equipment are in the proper place when opening, throughout the day, and before closing.
- Support NSO’s Fundraisers and client events when you are able.
- Assist with FES set up if needed.
- Set up/Break down floor and other workout setups.
- Continuously strive to carry out our mission at NSO every day!
- Arrive 30 min. before first client arrives.
- Report directly to the floor manager.
- Have fun and learn!!
Must be enrolled in a BS/BA degree program approved by NSO. Maintain a strenuous workload for sustained periods of time/lift a minimum of 70lbs
About NextStep Orlando
277 Douglas Avenue, Suite 1006, Altamonte Springs, FL 32714, US
NextStep - Orlando exists to provide those living with a spinal cord injury the opportunity to achieve their greatest recovery potential and an overall increased quality of life. We will achieve this with an innovative, specialized exercise-based recovery program, dedicated staff, in an environment filled with support, hope and motivation.
Aggressive exercise based recovery program for those paralyzed from a spinal cord injury or other neurological disorder.
We'll work with your schedule.
277 Douglas Ave #1006Altamonte Springs, FL 32714
- Fitness Instruction
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- We are looking for help from 10-20 hours a week
- Immediate start