Shelter Animal Caretaker
77 people are interested
St. Sophia's Forgotten Felines has cats and that live at our shelter in Westmont. And, we need YOU to help care for them while they await their adoptive families.
What Would You Do?
Shelter Animal Caretakers are very important people.
- They check on our cats.
- They scoop boxes.
- They fill food and water dishes.
- They do general cleaning.
- They check for medical needs or behavioral concerns.
- And most importantly, they Socialize the Cats!
How Often Are You Needed?
The cats at the shelter need to be cared for twice a day. As a volunteer, you'd sign up for one shift a week, and be expected to be committed to that shift.
Shifts are morning (prior to 10am) and evening (after 4pm) and are flexible (as in, you can come at any time before 10am, or anytime after 4 on your scheduled day).
Most people stay at least an hour, but some people like to stay longer (and play with the cats). We're flexible, but the main thing is that the cats are cared for!
We'll work with your schedule.
112 E. Chicago Ave.Westmont, IL 60559
- Animal Care / Handling
- People 55+
- Orientation or Training
- 1-2 hours a week
- Volunteers under 18 must have a parent/guardian attend training with them, and sign a liability waiv