Position Status: Full time 40 hours weekly, total 1700 Service Hours
Duration: 10.5 month service term, August 01, 2017 - June 30, 2018, may vary according to CIS site location.
Reports to: CIS Affiliate Executive Director
Benefits: Health insurance, student loan deferment, subsidized childcare (if qualified)
Wage: $1,205 monthly. Upon completion of service: $5,815 Education Award.
Communities In Schools is the nation's largest dropout prevention organization. The mission of Communities In Schools is to surround students with a community of support, empowering them to stay in school and achieve in life. By bringing community resources into the schools to address children’s unmet needs, Communities In Schools provides the link between educators and the community. The result: teachers are free to teach, and students - many in jeopardy of dropping out - have the opportunity to focus on learning.
The AmeriCorps Site Coordinator wills serve in elementary schools in the Puyallup School District. With CIS Site Coordinator, members will be responsible for supporting the implementation of the CIS model of integrated student supports in designated school sites. The member will coordinate with community partners and volunteers to marshal resources necessary to address the social and emotional needs of students who are at risk of dropping out of school. Through the coordination of individual and group interventions as well as prevention activities the member is a key player in helping students toward graduation.
- Program management of the assigned CIS site: Support implementation and monitoring of the annual site operations plan in partnership with CIS staff, school site staff and administration. Ensure that needs assessment, service delivery, data tracking, and evaluation/reporting takes place.
- Participate in interdisciplinary meetings with school staff, and other resource providers involved in collaborative services. Represent CIS at events and meetings, as necessary. Work collaboratively to maintain a positive CIS image. Understand and demonstrate the CIS mission, goals and initiatives within the community.
- Secure community support and partnerships to meet school-wide and students’ needs as identified in the site operations plan.
- Work with public school stakeholders, including school administrators and staff, families, and counselors/social workers to identify students who need CIS services. Follow procedures for referral processes, assessment of student needs and strengths related to social, emotional and behavioral issues, identification of counseling focus, parent contacts and the use of referrals. Provide direct services to individual students and their families to identify and eliminate barriers to their academic/school success
- Coordinate whole school and prevention activities to meet school wide needs as identified in the annual site plan.
- May engage volunteers in a variety of ways to support student success, including: recruitment, training, scheduling and coordination of volunteer/student activities
- Identify opportunities for new programs or partnerships to be implemented in the school
- Coordinate data collection plan to evaluate the effectiveness of services in achieving school-wide goals and addressing the needs of individual students. Document progress and track site and student outcomes. Monitor and adjust services as needed to maximize effectiveness and impact.
Applicants of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. CIS is an equal opportunity employer.
Members may not engage in prohibited activities as outlined in the member service agreement.
Applications accepted online only via the following link:
If you have questions about the position please contact Jan Mauk, firstname.lastname@example.org or at 253-435-6689
- Math / Science Instruction
- Reading / Writing
- Youth Services
- General Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Full time 40 hours weekly total 1700 Service Hours