Are you a male who enjoys talking and listening to seniors?
Santa Clara County's Meals on Wheels program has started a new friendly visitor program for seniors in partnership with The Health Trust.
Our volunteers provide friendly home visits and phone calls to seniors who receive Meals on Wheels and are homebound.
This is a rewarding opportunity to build relationships with our community members who are seniors 60+ years of age.
The opportunity is for 10 hours a week for 4-6 months.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
1. Friendly, outgoing, warm, and caring male volunteers who love conversing and spending time with seniors.
2. Ability to commit to volunteering at least 10 hours a week for 4-6 months.
3. Ability to pass a background and TB test.
4. Ability to drive to and from visits.
5. Ability to speak Spanish, Vienamese, Mandarin, Cantonese, Tagalog, Russian, or Farsi preferred, but not required.
All our clients have unique life experiences to share, and some may currently be: hard of hearing or deaf, have limited eyesight, have mild/moderate dementia, and/or walk with the use of an assistive device.
If interested, please contact Claire Bleymaier, Program Coordinator, at:
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- At least 10 hours/ week for 4-6 months
- Ability to use own transportation to meet with clients in their homes