Overview The Trustees is looking for an enthusiastic person to work with visitors during public events at Chestnut Hill Farm. Chestnut Hill Farm hosts a variety of public programs year round. Because these programs attract numerous visitors, public program assistants play a vital role in providing a quality visitor experience.
* Log volunteer hours in a timely fashion
* Provide an excellent experience for members, visitors, and their families
* Greet and direct visitors, serve refreshments
* Work independently or as a team with other volunteers and staff
* Educate visitors about the Trustees and Chestnut Hill Farm Additional responsibilities will vary with event but may include staffing a craft table, wayfinding, and providing additional guest information
- Interest in talking to and working with the public
- Ability to calculate correct change for simple transactions
- Friendly and polite demeanor
- Comfort in citing rules for games and activities
2-6 hours per event. There are typically 2-6 events per month. Assistants sign up for events and shifts that fit their interests and schedules including at least 3 events over their 3 month commitment. Volunteers are typically needed 1.5-2 hours prior to and after an event.
Upcoming Events include:
Sunday, October 9th- Harvest Festival
Sunday, October 16th- Cider Press 5K
Saturday, November 5th- The Great Pumpkin Chuck
Saturday, December 17th- Saturnatlia
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- Volunteer for at least one event per month
- Volunteers must be able to provide their own transportation to Chestnut Hill Farm.
- Art and the Landscape...
- A New Framework for Dialogue
- New England Town Hall Meeting
- Historical Interpreter - The Old...
- Harvest Volunteers
- The Old Manse Event Volunteers
- Public Program Assistants:...
- Event Assistants-Harvest Festival
- Pop Up Program Assistants-Boston...
- Communications Outreach...
- Cheese Ambassador, Boston Public...
- Kitchen Assistant, Boston Public...
- Program Assistants: Boston...
- A House of My Own: A Musical...
- Construction Assistant-Boston...