PeaceGeeks is a global non-profit, volunteer organization that uses technology to build the technological, communications and management capacities of grassroots organizations who work to promote peace, accountability and human rights. We develop partnerships with these organizations to provide meaningful support designed to increase their skills, effectiveness and impact. PeaceGeeks works remotely by providing tools and training to local organizations on the ground to support them in affecting change in their own communities.
The videographer will work cross-functionally with and provide assistance to different PeaceGeeks departments (HR, Marketing, Technology, Fundraising) to assemble videos and other digital media to advance their teams’ output and the mission of the organization. In particular, this role will develop a video for our annual crowdfunding campaign. Success is measured by the execution and timeliness of the final projects. Success will also be measured by the client, and the project team. The successfully incumbent will report directly to the Project Manager and the Executive Director.
- Assisting various PeaceGeeks teams to create videos and other forms of digital media to tell the PeaceGeeks story.
- Working with the Human Resources team in creating onboarding and training digital materials
- Recording volunteers and worldwide partners’ testimonials
- Creating crowd funding videos
- Assist in the production of educational videos pertinent to PeaceGeeks’ objectives
- Recording PeaceTalks at our monthly speaker series
PeaceGeeks is looking for an absolute team player to join our team, with the following experience and credentials:
- Progressive experience in producing and editing short videos for different audiences
- Can provide their own equipment (Camera, Computer, etc.)
- 1+ years of experience working with editing software such as Final Cut
- Pro, and other editing software for audio and effects
- Strong command of the English language
- Advanced communication and presentation skills
- Ability to communicate and present concepts and other information to teams, and to colleagues effectively and concisely
- Proven time management skills in delivering quality products within the allocated time and resources
Volunteers can benefit from this experience in different ways, including:
- Developing a professional portfolio of video projects
- Learning about relevant international issues that we work on
- Getting experience working on projects with international teams
- Making a contribution to peace building and human rights work in developing, non-democratic and conflict-affected places
- Working and networking with an amazing group of volunteer professionals
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter to http://peacegeeks.org/volunteer.
The expected time commitment for the Videographer is between 4 to 5 hours per week, depending on the length of the projects. The duration of the commitment is expected to be ongoing until projects are complete.
This position can be worked from home, via skype or any sort of tele-communication. Peace Geeks office at the HiVE is available for use. #210-128 W Hastings St, Vancouver, V5L 4J8
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 4-5 hours per week