Our staff and volunteers are our most important resource and our means of building client relationships to meet needs with practical solutions which spiritually transform individuals and our communities. Specifically we are seeking somebody interested in reducing hunger within our area who can assist with preparation, assembly and service of food for our weekly DailyBread evening meal.
- Prepare meals based upon established menus or using repurposed donated food.
- Be willing to collaborate on kitchen responsibilities to share the load with other volunteers
- Maintain kitchen appliances, dining room, food preparation and storage areas in a sanitary manner.
- Complete clean-up of the equipment and fixtures of work area, including tables, floors, and equipment
- Understanding and knowledge of safety, sanitation, and food handling procedures
- Ability to work with a diverse population
- Ability to work with volume recipes
- Ability to work well with others in a team-oriented atmosphere
- Work with and around food production machinery (ovens, mixers, knives, etc...)
- Occasional environmental exposures to cold, heat, and water
- High frequency of multiple repetitive movements, including bending, reaching and stooping
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
Training and Supervision:
Our Food Service team will have direct access to a DailyBread Coordinator during all meals for instructions, questions, issues or concerns while performing their job.
Days/Hours of Operation:
Our serving time for the evening meal will take place every Wednesday from 5:30 PM to 7:30 PM. Preparation and clean-up times may vary, but is expected to begin at 2:00 PM. Clean-up is scheduled between 7:30 PM to 8:30 PM.
We understand not everyone cannot commit to a whole shift, or every week, we understand and appreciate any time that you are able to give. We will maintain a sign-up sheet with shifts, we ask that you utilize this scheduling tool and notify us as soon as possible should you become unavailable.
- Opportunity to learn about poverty and low-income challenges within Columbia County
- Make meaningful connections with clients, staff and other volunteers
- Knowledge that you are helping to alleviate the suffering caused by poverty
- Cooking / Catering
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Food Service
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Whole or partial shifts: Wed's between 2:00-8:30pm