Park Cleanup and Aquatic Invertebrate Fun!
WhenSat Dec 10, 2016, 10:00 AM - 01:00 PM
WhereUpper Carr Lake824 E. Laurel Dr.Salinas, CA 93905
Join Return of the Natives for a park cleanup and an outdoor wildlife activity! During our event, we will cleanup Upper Carr Lake and maintain this crucial habitat for native and migrating birds!
We will also be hosting an Aquatic Invertebrates activity, fun for all ages, to learn more about our native wildlife in Salinas! This is FREE event with snacks, water and equipment included.
Directions: Upper Carr Lake is located on East Laurel Drive between Constitution and Sanborn Rd. in Salinas. Look for the RON community event signs!
*If under the age of 18 please have your parent or guardian sign a waiver prior to the event. Visit https://csumb.edu/ron/service-event-calendar for the waiver*
*Weather Policy: The event will be postponed only if it is raining hard on the day of the event. Event postponement will be posted on our website http://csumb.edu/RON, our Facebook page, and a voicemail recording on the 582-3686 line by 830am on the day of the event.
*Groups of 10+ must RSVP
For more information go to our website http://csumb.edu/ron, or call 831-582-3686.
- Habitat Restoration
- Environmental Education
- Environmental Science
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- 1-3 hours
- Native Species Planting at Fort...
- Oak Woodland Restoarion at CSUMB
- Habitat Restoration at Fort Ord...
- Dune Restoration Planting at...
- Planting for Wildlife in Salinas!
- Take It Outside Day & Spring...
- Planting for Wildlife in Salinas
- Cesar Chavez Day park Cleanup
- Winter Bird Count and Park...
- Planting at Moss Landing State...
- Planting at Fort Ord National...
- Oak Woodland Restoration Planting
- Dune Habitat Restoration at Moss...
- Park Cleanup and Aquatic...
- Salinas Earth Day Celebration!