Nonprofit Leader.Org (NLO) is a co-working space, incubator and accelerator for Seattle nonprofit startups. We exist to create community, capacity and synergy among nonprofit leaders, social entrepreneurs and people that want to change the world. We are an established organization that is still building the plane while we’re flying it. Furthermore, were expanding, and are looking for someone to make the difference across multiple organizations simultaneously. The successful candidate will work with the following organizations in addition to NLO: Angels for Angels, Redeeming Soles, Seattle Kiwanis Club, and City Fruit. More information about Nonprofit Leader.Org can be found at http://www.nonprofitleader.org.
Nonprofit Leader.Org is now accepting applications for the position of Volunteer Event Coordinator. This is a part-time volunteer position. Such an opportunity will allow you to connect and network with top professionals within the nonprofit world, serving a wide variety of issues and attend exclusive monthly networking events.
The Volunteer Even Coordinator is responsible for the overall management of the space and collaborations, including:
- Schedule speakers, vendors, and participants
- Coordinate event logistics, including registration and attendee tracking, presentation and materials support and pre- and post-event evaluations.
- Keep inventory of backdrops, projectors, computers, and other display materials.
- Manage correspondence.
- Send out invitations and manage RSVP list.
- Develop and oversee fundraising events.
- Negotiate and secure event space.
- Secure venues and plan layout of seating and decorations.
The ideal candidate will have desire, experience, and success in the following areas:
- Communication: Ability to effectively converse with and listen to clients’ needs, as well as present ideas and solutions. Successfully work with suppliers, contractors, employees, wait staff and many other parties at the same time. Customer service and interpersonal skills are required.
- Calm Under Pressure: Persevere through tempestuous situations while maintaining reserved composure.
- Computer Skills: Basic knowledge of Mac OS X, Windows XP and Microsoft Office to communicate, plan, budget and organize events.
- Negotiation Skills: Proven track record negotiating prices with clients and contractors.
- Organization: Successfully coordinate meetings, fundraisers
- Problem-Solving Skills: Quickly and efficiently solve complex issues
To apply, submit a cover letter along with a resume to Nonprofit Leader.org at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your submission should include a description of specific work experience and successes that qualifies you for the position
- People Skills
- Capacity Planning
- Relationship Building
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- Option of two shifts: 10am-2pm or 2pm-6pm