Make brief check-in telephone calls with older adults in Contra Costa County to reassure their well-being and connection with the community. Friendly Calls is a telephone-based outreach program of Episcopal Senior Communities.
- Want to help an isolated senior to feel less alone?
- Interested in making a difference in an older person's quality of life?
- Interested in making connections with older adult community members over the phone?
- Receive free training in interpersonal and listening skills
Time Commitment: 6-month minimum, 1 hour a week.
Qualifications: Love to talk on the phone; enjoy older adults; agree to a free background check; attend volunteer training. Complete a log of your calls. Work from your home!
Bilingual volunteers are also encouraged to apply but everyone is welcome and much appreciated!
For more information, please contact: Annette Balter at 925.956.7396.
- Elder care
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1 hour a week
- 6 month commitment