Friendly Calls - Telephone Reassurance for Seniors in Contra Costa County
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where2185 N California BlvdSuite 575Walnut Creek, CA 94596
Make brief check-in telephone calls with registered older adults in Contra Costa County to reassure their well-being and connection with the community. Friendly Calls is a telephone-based outreach program of Episcopal Senior Communities, Senior Resources.
- Want to help an isolated elder to feel less alone?
- Interested in making a difference in an elderly person's quality of life?
- Interested in talking with an older adult community member over the phone?
- Receive free training in interpersonal and listening skills
Time Commitment: 6-month minimum, 1-2 hours a week.
Qualifications: Love to talk on the phone; enjoy older adults; agree to a free background check; attend volunteer training. Complete a log of your calls. Work from my office in Walnut Creek, or your home!
Bilingual volunteers are also encouraged to apply but everyone welcome and much appreciated!
For more information, please contact: Annette Balter at 925.956.7396.
- Elder care
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 1 to 2 hours a week
- 6 month commitment