Friendly Calls - Telephone Reassurance for Seniors in Contra Costa County
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where2185 N California BlvdSuite 575Walnut Creek, CA 94596
Make brief check-in telephone calls with registered older adults in Contra Costa County to reassure their well-being and connection with the community. Friendly Calls is a telephone-based outreach program of Episcopal Senior Communities, Senior Resources.
- Want to help an isolated elder to feel less alone?
- Interested in making a difference in an elderly person's quality of life?
- Interested in talking with an elder adult community member over the phone?
- Receive free training in interpersonal and listening skills
Time Commitment: 6-month minimum, 1-2 hours a week.
Qualifications: a free background check & fingerprinting; availability for our next new volunteer training, coming up soon! Complete a log of your calls. Work from my office or your home!
Bilingual volunteers are also encouraged to apply but everyone welcome and much appreciated!
For more information, please contact: Annette Balter at 925.956.7396.
- Elder care
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 1.5 hours a week