How you can make a difference:
NVFS Bailey’s Crossroads Community Shelter needs your group's help to feed our shelter residents and Hypothermia Prevention Program guests (50-90 people, depending on the date/time). Bailey's shelter serves adults experiencing temporary homelessness by helping our residents move toward self-sufficiency and success in the community.
We are in need of groups to provide the following:
- Dinner on the 2nd Sunday of each month
- Lunch on the 1st, 3rd, & 5th Sundays of each month
- Lunch & Dinner on the 5th Saturdays of each month (when applicable)
What you can do:
Assemble a small group (maximum of 8 people, ages 12 and up) to prepare and donate dishes to serve family-style, donate individual bagged/boxed meals, or donate a catered meal (enough to serve our 50 residents and approximately 40 Hypothermia Prevention Program guests)
Bring the meal to the shelter
Join us in the kitchen to serve your meal to residents and guests; or simply drop it off for our staff to serve!
Your group is welcome to commit on a monthly basis, or one-off. For more details, please contact Meagan Perkins, Community & Volunteer Engagement Specialist, at 703-820-7621 or email@example.com.
- Cooking / Catering
- Food & Beverage Services
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 12
- 1-3 hours
- Please limit group size to 8 people or under & please do not bring children under age 12.
- Put a Smile on a Shelter Child's...
- Join the Fight to End Hunger
- Use your Spanish Speaking Skills...
- Development Outreach Assistant...
- Help NVFS Coordinate Our...
- You Can Support the Homeless
- Database Dynamo needed!
- Help Drive Out Hunger
- Small groups needed Sundays:...
- Bring Your Group to Help NVFS'...
- Are you a hearing person who...
- Help Shape our Young Minds:...
- Bowl-a-Thon Volunteers Needed
- Help Shelter Residents Get to...
- Prepare a Homecooked Meal for...