How you can make a difference:
NVFS Bailey’s Crossroads Community Shelter needs your group's help to feed our shelter residents and Hypothermia Prevention Program guests on weekday evenings! Bailey's shelter serves adults experiencing temporary homelessness by helping our residents move toward self-sufficiency and success in the community.
What you can do:
Assemble a small group (maximum of 8 people, ages 12 and up) to prepare and donate dishes to serve family-style, donate individual bagged/boxed meals, or donate a catered meal (enough to serve our 50 residents and approximately 40 Hypothermia Prevention Program guests)
Bring the meal to the shelter
Join us in the kitchen to serve your meal to residents and guests; or simply drop it off for our staff to serve!
For details and available dates, please contact Meagan Perkins, Community & Volunteer Engagement Specialist, at 703-820-7621 or email@example.com.
- Cooking / Catering
- Food & Beverage Services
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 12
- 1-3 hours
- Please limit group size to 8 people or under & please do not bring children under age 12.
- Put a Smile on a Shelter Child's...
- Join the Fight to End Hunger
- Use your Spanish Speaking Skills...
- Development Assistant at NVFS
- Help NVFS Coordinate Our...
- You Can Support the Homeless
- Help Drive Out Hunger
- Your group can make a difference...
- Bring Your Group to Help NVFS'...
- Are you a hearing person who...
- Help Shape our Young Minds:...
- Shelter Resident Transport Driver
- You can help fight Hunger!
- Prepare a Homecooked Meal for...