The Community Kitchens Northwest Food Systems Assistant supports Seattle Tilth’s Community Kitchens Northwest (CKNW) program manager to implement and improve food sourcing systems. This volunteer may also help with menu planning and the development of informational resources around food systems. Great opportunity for someone looking to support a wonderful community event while gaining experience related to cooking, nutrition or sustainable food systems.
- Procure food from local sources.
- Assist with menu planning and recipe development using seasonal produce
- Prepare display materials highlighting food sources.
- Research and build partnerships to help with food sourcing (as time and interest allows).
- Background or interest in nutrition, cooking, social work, public health or nursing.
- Initiative and attention to detail.
- Clear and timely communication.
- Access to reliable transportation.
- Ability to lift and carry bags of groceries.
- Experience and comfort working with diverse groups.
- Current WA food worker permit.
- Gain hands-on experience in the fields of nutrition, culinary arts and sustainable food systems.
- Develop professional contacts with Seattle Tilth staff and volunteers.
- Contribute to work around equitable and sustainable food systems.
- Enjoy building community with friends and neighbors around delicious food.
- Cooking / Catering
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Orientation or Training
- Third Sunday of every month, Sep 2016-Jun 2017
- More info at http://www.seattletilth.org/get-involved/volunteer/kitchen/rbck-food-systems-assistant