To engage with the youth who reside in our Shelter and/or Transitional Housing and provide guidance, motivation along with supervision to enhance their willpower and provide inspiration to move forward in their lives in a healthy manner
Be a role model and provide encouragement and motivation to youth,
Monitor access to the facility,
Monitor the schedule of chores,
Create opportunities for youth to increase their life skills,
Help clients to cook healthy food and eat dinner with them,
Monitor hygiene and condition of the facility
Interact with residents, ie play board games, play sports (basketball, soccer)
Collect clients’ documents and submit these to case manager
Maintain record of incidents and report to program supervisor
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Open-Minded and Non-Judgmental
- Good Boundaries
- Ability not to take residents’ behaviors or decisions in a personal matter
- Motivated and willing to receive the necessary training.
- Must be comfortable in public speaking and present in front of groups.
- Must be on time and be able to organize a calendar of events.
- Able to follow diligently direction from supervising staff.
- Computer skills: Word and PowerPoint strongly preferred.
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Public Speaking
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible schedule for daytime/evening activities.
- 2-3 days per week strongly preferred. 6 months to 1 year commitment.