The Social Media Intern is responsible for coordinating and executing the company’s social media strategy, working across key social media channels including Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. This role offers the intern a total immersion into a busy health care business and the successful candidate will work closely with key members of staff, external social media consultants, and the agency’s clients and candidates to learn about social media, digital communications and marketing in a business to business environment. This role will be instrumental in increasing our social media presence and gaining visibility for our brand among clients and candidates.
1) Social Media Community Management
Assist with streamlining company social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Flicker, and other social media platforms), ensuring uniform content and tone of voice for landing pages, graphics, and other elements within the communities.
Posting updates to the Company LinkedIn account (initially under supervision from a Director)
Use LinkedIn polls and surveys to build our social media footprint and reputation.
Liaising with directors internally to ensure that their program profiles are accurate and up-to date.
Posting updates to the Company Facebook account (under supervision from a Director)
Build Facebook 'likes’ by approaching potential clients and candidates through other social media channels and email marketing campaigns.
2) Coordinating and Distributing Content
Scheduling and coordinating a monthly brainstorming meeting with Southeastern Healthcare’s leadership team to establish content ideas for the month ahead, and to plan for a monthly social media, editorial, marketing and blogging calendar.
Maintain a monthly social media and blogging calendar, and ensure that everyone is meeting their deadlines.
Help coordinate a guest blogger program, one guest blogger per month. Help to amplify this content through other social media channels.
Help to create one piece of video content per month and post on You Tube.
Set up and manage a company Flickr account and post interesting photos
Upload and manage company blog posts in WordPress (initially under supervision from a director).
3) Understanding and monitoring social media analytics
Track key social media analytics on a monthly basis, including Google Analytics, Bitly statistics, LinkedIn company stats, etc.
Track and report website statistics using Google Analytics. Look at how well specific content performs and look at the flow of traffic through to our Web site. Look at how good blog posts perform based on their 'sharerating’ and the total number of viewers and time spent on page. Look at the best performing web site pages and try to generate new content that does the same or better.
4) Email Marketing and SEO
- Work with each team to create and send one email broadcast per month around content ideas and keys jobs.
- Research free online directories to generate inbound links for SEO.
- Using Google, search on key words and look at our competitors’ brands for forums and directories that we can sign up to generate in-bound links for our company.
Key Skills Required for the Role:
- Excellent GCSEs, A-levels or equivalent, particularly in English, Literature, History or Politics;
- Proven written communication skills, and a passion for writing both short- and long-copy.
- Excellent verbal communications skills. An interest in marketing, communications, social media or reputation management;
- Familiarity with key social media tools (e.g. Twitter and Facebook) and with Microsoft Office products (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel);
- An ability to consistently demonstrate our values and effectiveness in your personal approach to work;
The ability to work collaboratively with a team.
- Verbal Communication - Speaks clearly; can articulate thoughts and emotions succinctly; listens to gain complete understanding before speaking; can tailor communication style for different audiences (e.g. peers, customers and management)
- Written Communication - W rites clearly and with excellent grammar; can articulate thoughts and emotions succinctly and effectively; can tailor communication style for different audiences (and social media channels); uses appropriate punctuation.
Resilience Flexible; positive about change; accepts and takes responsibility for personal development; maintains a 'can do’ attitude; shows a persistent effort to succeed; self-controlled and balanced; copes under pressure; enthusiastic, has a positive outlook; constructive and open minded
Multi-tasking. Able to prioritize and juggle multiple tasks at once; plans ahead so that required tasks get completed; can effectively manage the expectations of internal customers and senior management; completes tasks without being reminded; always looks to go the extra mile
Well informed and passionate about their job and social media; actively seeks development opportunities and owns responsibility for personal development; learns quickly; transfers skills and knowledge to others
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Up to 15 hours per week