Participant Recruiter for Red Shoe 5k Committee
WhenMon Oct 10, 2016 - Mon Feb 27, 2017
Where3312 Gallows RdFalls Church, VA 22042
Position: Participant Recruiter (5k Planning Committee Member)
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Research individuals, corporations and other potential participants for the 5k.
- Research running websites to promote the Red Shoe 5k.
- Connect with local running stores in the DC/Northern VA area for advertisement.
- Research local schools and volunteer groups for potentials 5k participation.
- Provides accurate information to interested participants and respond to all development inquiries promptly.
- Assist in writing thank you letters and other donor communications for RMHC DC Red Shoe 5k.
- Assist RMHC DC to create reports and presentations as needed.
- Serves as a liaison between participants and staff.
- Follow and implement fundraising plans/campaigns, and calendar with the direction of RMHC DC staff.
- Provide administrative support to 5k Committee and RMHC DC Staff.
- Prepare packets for site visits or meetings with potential participants.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills and demonstrate strong critical thinking skills.
- Experience in making cold calls as well as developing cultivation and solicitation strategies
- Experience in corporate sponsorship solicitation is a plus
- Able to work collaboratively with a team.
- Demonstrated ability to be self-motivated, creative, flexible, well-organized and able to handle multiple tasks to deadline.
- Ability to handle confidential donor/constituency information with sensitivity and integrity.
- Strong research skills.
- Can do attitude and willingness to learn new skills and grow in a fundraising role.
- Minimum 2-yr Degree and/or equivalent professional experience.
- Demonstrated interest in fundraising, volunteerism and being a motivated self-starter.
- Experience in the non-profit sector preferred but not required.
- Experience in coordinating and organizing events preferred but not required.
- Requires strong working knowledge of computer programs (Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Position will require that the committee member commits to the full lifecycle of the 5k (Onboarding in October through conclusion of event in May, 2017).
- Weekly commitment will be 2-4 hours remotely with weekly touch-points and house visits as needed.
Contact: Kristen Claus at Kristen@rmhcdc.org for more info.
- Sales Process
- Event Planning / Management
- Social Media / Blogging
- Community Outreach
- Public Relations
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 2-4 hours per week