In-Kind Donor and Vendor Coordinator (5k Planning Committee Member)
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where3312 Gallows RdFalls Church, VA 22042
The Ronald McDonald House Charities of Greater Washington, DC is looking for a Recruiter for our Red Shoe 5k Run and Walk Committee. The main focus on this position would be to grow the Entertainment of the 5k Run and Walk.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
* Perform donor and prospect research on individuals, corporations and potential vendors who may provide in-kind donations for the RMHC DC
* Solicitation outreach to secure in-kind and financial support for RMHC DC Red Shoe 5k under the supervision of Development staff.
* Front-line representative of RMHC DC to donors. Providing accurate information to donors regarding RMHC DC activities and events, and responding to all development inquiries promptly.
* Assist in writing thank you letters and other donor communications for RMHC DC Red Shoe 5k; assist Development to create reports and presentations as needed.
* Assist in the planning and implementation of Red Shoe 5k fundraising event.
* Serves as a liaison between donors, staff, and directors.
* Follow and implement fundraising plans and campaigns, and fundraising calendar with the direction of Development staff.
* Provide administrative support to Development and Marketing Manager.
* Prepare packets for site visits, meetings with donors, etc. and support the submission of funding requests (e.g., compiling necessary documents, mailing application package).
* Help coordinate volunteer projects, including developing project scope with program staff, project brief for volunteer group, plus costs and logistics.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Must have excellent written and oral communication skills and demonstrate strong critical thinking skills.
* Experience in making cold calls as well as developing cultivation and solicitation strategies
* Experience in corporate sponsorship solicitation is a plus
* Able to work collaboratively with a team.
* Demonstrated ability to be self-motivated, creative, flexible, well-organized and able to handle multiple tasks to deadline.
* Ability to handle confidential donor/constituency information with sensitivity and integrity.
* Strong research skills.
* Can do attitude and willingness to learn new skills and grow in a fundraising role.
* Minimum 2-yr Degree and/or equivalent professional experience.
* Demonstrated interest in fundraising, volunteerism and being a motivated self-starter.
* Experience in the non-profit sector preferred but not required.
* Experience in coordinating and organizing events preferred but not required.
* Requires strong working knowledge of computer programs (Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
* Position will require that the committee member commits to the full lifecycle of the 5k (Onboarding in October through conclusion of event in May, 2017).
* Weekly commitment will be 2-4 hours remotely with weekly touch-points and house visits as needed.
Contact: Kristen Claus at Kristen@rmhcdc.org for more info.
- Resource Development / Management
- Sales Process
- Event Planning / Management
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 2-4 hours per week