NONPROFIT PUBLIC RELATIONS INTERN
Unpaid - Internship Description
The mission of Tidewater Arts Outreach is to uplift the human spirit by bringing live, quality music and arts experiences to people in Hampton Roads who are in homes, hospitals, shelters, facilities and dependent care programs or otherwise are isolated from society.
Reports to: Executive Director
Hours: 4-6 hrs/week - flexible hours
Intern PR Project Outline: With assistance from the Executive Director, as needed, the Public Relations Intern will create one or more media campaigns, with follow-through to local media outlets (TV, radio, newspaper and/or online)
- Create a campaign with a desired outcome
- Create a project timeline
- Develop a news release, with related story ideas
- Develop a targeted media list with current contacts
- Send releases, follow up with media
- Target specific community leaders to submit short blog entries relate to Tao programs and its mission.
Skills, Education and Experience
- Organizational and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication and proofreading skills
- Ability to work independently
- Public relations education and/or experience
- Good internet, research and computer skills
Ideal candidates are enrolled in Bachelor or Masters-level program in Public Relations or currently hold a position focused on public affairs, special events, marketing or nonprofit management and are able to commit approximately 4-6 hours/week.
The internship is not designed for running errands or completing office work, although these duties may be part of the larger, more directed learning experience.
Interns must supply a copy of current driver’s license or School ID for identification purposes, all Volunteers are subject to a background check. Applicants accepted on an ongoing basis.
Please submit Volunteer Application (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2Olw-Z-lYu3M3dyX3ZhekZkQm8/view )
Resume, cover letter and a sample of your writing along with your availability to Volunteers@TidewaterArtsOutreach.org.
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Social Media / Blogging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Public Relations
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Arts Administration
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum 4 hrs/week
- Enrolled in Communications program, or graduated with a Communications Degree.