The Charlotte Mecklenburg BLACK CHAMBER of Commerce has a unique opportunity for you to grow your social media management skills! We are looking for an Social Media Coordinator to help promote CMBCC’s brand, increase engagement among our members and expand the organization’s outreach capabilities.
In this volunteer role, you will work with other team members to define and execute a social media strategy for CMBCC webpages.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Help define and execute a social media strategy for CMBCC social media pages
- Act as a social media administrator across all CMBCC social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube)
- Post relevant content, engage connections and followers
- Define and track appropriate metrics, monitor relevant conversations and share findings and insights with Communications & Marketing team
This role requires excellent interpersonal, as well as oral and written communication skills, basic knowledge and understanding of social media (including, but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, Twitter and YouTube) and some familiarity with cloud based, social media and marketing tools like HootSuite, MailChimp and WordPress.
What We Offer in Return:
Opportunity to meet and work with like-minded people
Acquired knowledge in fundraising management & non-profit organizations
Personal reward & professional development
Improved skills in written and oral communication
Forged networks with professionals from CMBCC affiliate organizations
Opportunity to help build an expanding organization
- Social Media / Blogging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Microsoft Office Suite
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 21
- 6 - 8 hours per Week