Welcome to the 2nd Annual SoCal VegFest, a free admission, one-of-a-kind event designed to engage curiosity and inspire consciousness in people of all ages. This event-not-to-miss will include free plant-based food samplings, musical entertainment, guest speakers, cooking demonstrations, raffles, interactive booths, food vendors, humane organizations, an enjoyable children’s area with a variety of engaging opportunities especially for kids, and more.
The purpose of SoCal VegFest is to introduce Southern Californians and others to the benefits of healthy conscious living. Our goal is to inspire and support anyone who wants to learn more about living a more healthy, environmentally friendly, and compassionate life.
We are building our largest event ever and need grassroots assistance with spreading the news of our event across Southern California. The following are position descriptions for our volunteer roles to promote our event.
1) CAMPUS AMBASSADOR - This person has a presence on an area college campus and will be tasked with influencing clubs to promote VegFest to potential participants and volunteers for our event. Dispersing flyers and creating a presence on college campus is critical.
2) VEG RESTAURANT AMBASSADOR - This person has a working knowledge of vegan/veg friendly restaurants in the Orange County area. There are approximately 27 restaurants, and you will be supplied with flyers, leaflets, and posters for a designated set of restaurants. You will maintain contact with restaurant managers and stock them with flyers, posters, and leaflets on a monthly basis.
3) GROCERY OUTREACH AMBASSADOR - This person will have a strong interest in building relationships with grocery stores. Approaching Sprouts, Mother's Markets, Vonn's, Whole Foods, Ralphs, and Trader Joe's to determine what level of promotion we can conduct. Will also consult Farmers Markets for outreach opportunities. Will be supplied with flyers, leaflets, and posters to increase visibility of event.
4) FAITH-BASED OUTREACH AMBASSADOR - This person will have a relationship with an existing faith-based group (Seventh Day Adventist, Christian, Jain, Jewish etc.). Our objective is for this role to promote our event to these groups for VegFest participants and volunteer opportunities.
5) SCHOOL DISTRICT OUTREACH AMBASSADOR - This person will have a desire to grow relationships with area school districts. We have encountered each district has stipulations for leafletting, promotion, etc. Our objective is for this person to gain information on regulations and gatekeepers to situate our dispersal of leaflets in take home packets for students.
PLEASE REPLY VIA EMAIL WITH YOUR TOP AREA OF INTEREST: email@example.com
Thank you! We look forward to hearing from you.
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Our Ambassador roles will likely be 1 - 10 hrs/wk.