1 person is interested
Emergency Safe Housing Volunteer
ORGANIZATION: Crisis Intervention Services
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
Crisis Intervention Services of SE Iowa provides support to survivors of sexual assault, domestic violence, and other violent crimes in 12-counties of SE Iowa.
We offer a holistic approach to our clients providing an array of support services, empowering clients to choose what is right for their healing journey.
We offer a full spectrum of resources for clients, educators, community members, and professionals.
Our advocates are trained and specialize in supporting victims of sexual assault, domestic violence and violent crime.
CIS provides emergency safe housing to victims fleeing physical violence.
Safe Housing volunteers may support in a variety of roles:
- Crisis line support
- Assisting Advocates to provide services to clients in emergency safe housing.
- Life skills coaching
- Assist with in kind donation organization.
- Assist with Iowa Food Bank resources for clients.
- Assist with childcare for children in the Program.
- Facility maintenance
Presently Volunteers are needed for weekend/evening and night schedules. Let's talk and discover the best fit for you at CIS!
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Crisis Intervention Services
207 A Ave. East, Oskaloosa, IA 52577, US
Crisis Intervention Services helps individuals and families rebuilding their lives in the aftermath of sexual assault, domestic violence or other violent crimes. Advocates guide survivors through medical, legal and governmental options. CIS also provides community resources, emergency shelter housing and assistance with finding long-term housing.
Crisis Intervention Services is a non-profit orgaization that provides outreach and shelter services to survivors of sexual assault and domestic violence.
212 N. I St.Oskaloosa, IA 52577
July 8, 2022
- Child Care
- Crisis Intervention
- Facilities Management
- Crisis Counseling
- Life Coaching
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- We appreciate any time you can offer! Our greatest needs are in the evenings and on weekends. We're eager to set up opportunities that work with your schedule!
- Many volunteer opportunities will require completion of Victim Counselor Training, which includes 20 hours of online sessions and 6 hours in-person with CIS staff. A clean background check and a confidentiality agreement are required for all.