**Please note this is a 12 month position based in Ethiopia for October (flexible).
The purpose of this placement is to strengthen the surgical unit in the hospital by building the capacity of and transferring skills to the hospital and pawe health college.
The volunteer will also consult the hospital and RHB in relation to circulating nurse services.
The volunteer will
- Conduct training needs assessments and conduct capacity building sessions for hospital staff
- Assist anesthetist, specialist and scribe nurses during surgery
- Monitor the health of both mothers and fetus
- Provide care for mothers and newborn babies after surgeries
- Advise the hospital with regard to circulating nursing.
- Nurse with specialty in operation circulating nurse and minimum of two years working experience
Experience in training needs assessment, in-service training design, and implementation
- Experience working as a circulating nurse
- Experience in conducting needs assessment, and delivering in-service training
Cuso International covers the following costs:
- Return airfare and visa/permit costs
- Accommodation while overseas
- Modest living allowance while overseas
- Modest support for accompanying partners and dependents going on placement with you for 12 months or longer
- The cost of required vaccinations, antimalarial medication and health insurance
- Access to Employee Assistance Program while overseas and upon return
- Travel and accommodation for reintegration debriefing weekend
- Travel and accommodation for the five-day pre-departure training course and in-country training orientation
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 12 months