**Please note this is a 12- month position based in Tanzania for October (flexible).
The Business Management Advisor will work as part of the Tanzania Local Economic Development project which aims to increase the benefit to local communities in Tanzania of investment in agriculture and the extractives industries.
The volunteer will
- Train SME staff in simple financial and basic accounting
- Working with SME staff to develop sound financial processes for budgeting and managing expenditure
- Coach and mentor SIDO, TCCIA and TWCC staff to improve business support services.
- Develop tools and training materials with SIDO, TCCIA and TWCC staff that can be used in their business development services.
- Improve capacity of SMEs to win contracts with companies in the extractives and agriculture value chains.
University degree in Finance, or related field of study
- Three years experience in developing financial management systems
- Ability to formulate and implement financial regulations, policies and procedures
- Good experience in establishing and supporting organization development
- Facilitation and training skills
Cuso International covers the following costs:
- Return airfare and visa/permit costs
- Accommodation while overseas
- Modest living allowance while overseas
- Modest support for accompanying partners and dependents going on placement with you for 12 months or longer
- The cost of required vaccinations, antimalarial medication and health insurance
- Access to Employee Assistance Program while overseas and upon return
- Travel and accommodation for reintegration debriefing weekend
- Travel and accommodation for the five-day pre-departure training course and in-country training orientation
- Financial Auditing
- Financial Planning
- Financial Literacy
- Financial Service Assistance
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training