THe Carnegie Science Center seeks a highly qualified college intern for its marketing department. Each intern will be provided with the opportunity to be creative, apply classroom studies in a practical application, and to develop personally and professionally.
- Post event listings for all upcoming programs.
- Maintain event listings spreadsheet.
- Actively seek out new venues for free promotion.
- Help to keep Facebook, Twitter, and other social media up to date.
- Compile final versions of brochure/web copy for record keeping.
- Draft news releases.
- Write and maintain long lead events calendars.
- Assist with basic office duties as assigned.
- Help with other duties as assigned.
- Must be organized, professional, and willing to learn new things.
- Must have strong writing skills. Proofreading and editing experience preferred.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must work well independently, as well as with a team.
- Prior office experience a plus.
- Must be able to work under strict deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
A minimum requirement of 120 hours is needed to complete an internship. All internships are unpaid.
Upon acceptance into the program, all interns are required to provide and pay for background checks and clearances. Interns who have lived in Pennsylvania for at least 10 years must have their Child Abuse History Clearance (Act 33) and Criminal Record Check Clearance (Act 34). Interns who have lived in Pennsylvania for less than 10 years must have their Child Abuse History Clearance (Act 33) and Criminal Record Check Clearance (Act 34) plus an FBI Fingerprint Clearance (Act 114). Act 33 and 34 Clearances are free for interns.
To Apply: Send a letter of intent, resume, a letter of reference from either an academic advisor or professor, and a writing sample, to:
Carnegie Science Center
One Allegheny Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15212
- OR -
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Public Relations
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 120 hours over the course of the fall semester