The Development and Communications Department is seeking applicants for the position of Communications Intern. This is a great opportunity for the right person to contribute to the important work that the Center does, while also gaining valuable career and portfolio skills. The Communications Intern will assist with a communication and marketing campaign centered around a rebranding of the Center. The Center has just completed a year-long assessment of the organization, culminating in the approval of a new 3-year strategic plan, updated marketing analysis and planned name change. This assessment and changes will require significant communication to the Center’s constituents. The Intern will assist in public relations outreach, marketing, and communications including social media.
Working as part of a small Communications team, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to develop skills and knowledge in the following communication disciplines: social media/digital, media/PR and brand. We are looking for enthusiastic and passionate individuals with an interest in building a career in non-profit communications and a commitment to making a real contribution to achieving the Center’s mission.
The position is part-time and staff will work with interns to receive college credit upon completion. The position is unpaid. Interns are expected to work 8-16 hours a week with some flexibility in schedule.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Poise, confidence, and outstanding organization and time management skills, with an attention to detail
* Ability to complete tasks in a productive, proactive manner with minimal day-to-day supervision.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc).
* Familiarity with Salesforce preferred but not required.
* Experience with social media is a plus, but not required.
- Marketing Analytics
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Social Media / Blogging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Public Relations
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 8 - 16 hours per week
- Prefer college student majoring in marketing & communications