Artportunity Knocks mission is to empower youth through POSITIVE Arts Self-Expression, Education and Community Service and Bridging the Cultures through Arts & Entertainment. We offer youth artist development programs, entertainment industry opportunities for kids, performing arts after-school programs, film/music/art classes, and music and arts camps for students ages 5-17 throughout Metro Atlanta. The key to success with our organization is being a "people-person" and possessing the capability to deliver high-quality services. We are one of the few programs utilizing Arts Integration in our education programs. We are looking for future instructors who are looking for an exciting opportunity to develop in a modern style of learning! We are looking for those students who have a high proficiency in the arts, as well as have a passion for developing youth. If you're passionate about music education, youth development or the arts, join us today!
- Have the potential to tutor children ages 5-13 yrs
- Knowledge of effective academic techniques and/or arts programming
- Ability to resolve conflicts and negotiate solutions
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills with proven ability to interact with a diverse range of individuals both in person and over the phone, applying tact and discretion as situations demand
- Accountable for maintaining an emotionally and physically safe environment for youth that meets all compliance and safety requirements set forth by the organization
- Establishes a combination of program activities to provide academic tutoring and support and visual and performing arts instruction
- Responsible for the development and implementation of innovative and age appropriate curriculums, enrichment activities, and theme based projects taking into consideration the youth needs and abilities
- Creates and distributes schedule of all activities and ensures appropriate record keeping and reporting of all youth attendance
- Ensures youth and their families are properly informed and prepared for all special events
- Ultimate responsibility for the appropriate behavior and conduct of youth at the site and on trips. Promotes positive character development in all youth.
- Resolves any youth related issues as they arise
- Child Development
- Literacy / Reading
- Teaching / Instruction
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 15
- Orientation or Training
- 1.5+ hrs per week
- Marketing and Recruiting Volunteer
- Music/Vocal/Piano Instructor...
- Volunteer Theater Instructor...
- Volunteer Middle School Vocal...
- Administrative Assistant (Office...
- Volunteer Tutor
- Recruiting for Board Members:...
- Volunteer Middle School Piano...
- Special Education Intern
- Volunteer Dance Instructor...
- Volunteer Tutor
- Tutors & Mentors needed for...
- Volunteer Middle School Acting...
- Volunteer Coordinator needed
- Volunteer Middle School Dance...