More than half a million abused and neglected children are in need of safe and permanent homes, and many spend years moving from one foster placement to another. Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) was created to ensure the abuse and neglect these children suffered at home doesn't continue at the hands of the foster care system. CASA trains community volunteers who are appointed by judges to be a voice for these children in court, ensuring their best interests are met and they find a safe and permanent home as quickly as possible. But this critical work can only happen if the organization has the resources it needs. How can you help?
CASA of Union County is seeking an intern volunteer to assist in its marketing and development department 10-15 hours per week from September through mid-December. The volunteer will have the opportunity to help in many ways, including:
- Soliciting donations for special events, including National Adoption Day and its annual gala;
- Organizing, prepping for and attending these events;
- Tracking and acknowledging donations through donor management system;
- Drafting articles, selecting art and crafting quarterly newsletter;
- Participating in event-planning meetings when necessary.
- People Skills
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- 10-15 hours per week