A new semester is just around the corner, and HandsOn Suburban Chicago (HOSC) needs YOU to help make sure students get all the support they need to succeed.
CHiL (Cooper, Holmes, and London) is a structured, afterschool tutoring program that provides homework help to and strengthens the foundational reading and math skills of students in grades 6, 7, and 8. Volunteers will work with small groups of students (2-3) and under the direction of volunteer leaders, program staff, and/or school staff. Applicants must be willing to undergo a background check.
Where and When: CHiL will begin in late September and go through mid-December 2016.
Volunteer tutors are needed on:
- Mondays and Wednesdays from 3:30 to 4:30 pm at Cooper Middle School (1050 Plum Grove Circle, Buffalo Grove, IL 60089)
- Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:30 pm to 4:30 pm at Holmes Middle School (221 South Wolf Road, Wheeling, IL 60090)
- Mondays and Wednesdays from 3:30 to 5:15 pm at Jack London Middle School (1001 West Dundee Road, Wheeling, IL 60090)
Choose and commit to one day or more per week. Orientation/training is TBD in September.
Tutoring is a fun and rewarding experience. Volunteers have consistently reported that working with students has boosted their self-confidence and given them an incredible sense of satisfaction in knowing their contributions have positively impacted the academic growth of their tutees.
Apply today to make a meaningful difference in the lives of local schoolchildren: https://goo.gl/forms/gFDGJ7A06dxf3qZA3
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Jess Park at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Literacy / Reading
- Math / Science Instruction
- Teaching / Instruction
- Reading / Writing
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 15
- Orientation or Training
- Choose and commit to one day or more per week.
- Apply here: https://goo.gl/forms/gFDGJ7A06dxf3qZA3